Hey, I'm Ollie
I'm a filmmaker and media diver working primarily on wildlife and adventure productions.
Currently a camera technician at Wildstar Films, I work with broadcast filmmaking kit used on natural history shoots for the likes of Disney and National Geographic.
I am also a commercially qualified diver and a rebreather owner/operator, with experience as an underwater camera assistant & safety diver/supervisor.
In my spare time I love being outdoors and am a keen climber and freediver.
I have a degree in Film and Television and 5 years of experience shooting video projects for a variety of clients for online delivery. In 2018 I undertook a month-long underwater photography and film internship in Mozambique and became hooked, deciding to refocus my career on natural history and underwater filmmaking.
I'm currently working as a camera technician at Wildstar Films. I've also freelanced as a safety diver/dive supervisor, including for the BBC for a landmark blue-chip natural history production. Among work for other clients, I also create online film content for the British Sub-Aqua Club.
I am committed to safety in and under the water and am aways looking to further my skills in this area. As the Diving Officer for University of Bristol Underwater Club - one of the largest scuba diving clubs in the UK - my role has been to ensure the safety of divers and to organise the club's trips both nationally and abroad. I've also volunteered as a diving instructor for several years, where I enjoy teaching safe diving practices to both brand new and already-qualified divers alike.
Visas and languages
- US I-Visa (valid until 2026)
- Spanish speaker
- HSE SCUBA (Part 4)
- Diving Medical and First Aid (in date)
- MOD 1 Closed Circuit Rebreather
- CCR Trimix certified
- BSAC Dive Leader (PADI DM equivalent)
- BSAC Open Water Instructor
- BSAC Advanced Twinset/ADP
- BSAC Compressor Operator
- BSAC Oxygen Administration
- Experienced cold water diver
- AIDA 3 Advanced Freediver
- RYA Powerboat 2
- RYA VHF/SRC Marine Radio
- CAA A2 CofC
- Albert Sustainable Production Training
- Foreign Filming for Production Co-ordinators Training
- BDMLR Marine Mammal Medic
- UK Driving license
- Working with a broad range of camera systems, including Arri, RED, Sony, DJI and more
- Seting-up and maintenance of underwater camera housings and rigs
- Underwater camera operation for wide angle, macro and artificial lighting
- Proficient drone operator
- Planning and supervising remote international underwater shoots
- Experienced open and closed circuit (rebreather) diver across a range of locations, conditions, water temperatures and depths
- Experienced with AP Inspiration rebreather (approaching 100 hours) and working knowledge of Revo and XCCR rebreathers
- Setting up and filming motion control time-lapses and fixed underwater time-lapses
- Confident freediver and snorkeler
- Small boat/RIB handler (including use as diving platforms)
- Experienced Premiere Pro and Da Vinci Resolve editor
All available for hire. Contact me for rates.
- Inspiration XPD Rebreather (with 2020 Vision electronics, full kit, spares and Trimix enabled)
- Full personal SCUBA equipment for a variety of climates and water temperatures
- DJI Mini 3 Pro
- Sony a7iii
- Nauticam housing (for a7iii) and wide angle and macro lens ports
- Sony Zeiss 16-35mm f4
- Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f4
- Sony Zeiss 90mm f2.8
- GoPro Hero 10
- Anchor video lights