Hey, I'm Ollie
I'm a filmmaker and media diver working primarily on natural history productions.
As a camera technician at Wildstar Films, I have built a strong technical knowledge and ability across a wide range of top-tier camera systems and filmmaking equipment.
I am also a commercially qualified diver and a rebreather owner/operator, with experience as an underwater camera assistant & safety diver/supervisor.
In my spare time I love being outdoors and am a keen climber and freediver.
After several years creating content for a range of clients as a freelance videographer, I'm currently working as a camera technician at Wildstar Films. I've also worked as a dive supervisor, camera assistant and safety diver on various underwater shoots, including for the BBC Natural History Unit, Wildstar Films and on an independent feature documentary.
I was the elected Diving Officer for two years for one of the UK's biggest scuba diving clubs, responsible for the safety of the club's diving across the UK and abroad, and where I am an active instructor.
Visas and languages
- US I-Visa (valid until 2026)
- Spanish speaker
- HSE SCUBA (Part IV/Media)
- MOD1 Closed Circuit Rebreather (over 100 logged hours)
- CCR Trimix Certified (45m)
- BSAC Open Water Instructor & Dive Leader
- Twinset with Accelerated Decompression Procedures
- AIDA 3 Advanced Freediver
- Oxygen Administrator (in date)
- Dive medical (in date)
- HSE First Aid at Work (in date)
- Remote First Aid (in date)
- Human Factors Skills in Diving
- RYA Powerboat 2
- RYA VHF/SRC Marine Radio
Drone & other
- CAA A2 CofC
- UK Driving license
I have in-depth technical experience with:
- RED DSMC2 and DSMC3, Arri Alexa 35, Sony Venice 2
- Sony A7Siii, FX6, FX9, DJI Ronin 4D and various mirrorless cameras
- Phantom Veo & Flex high-speed cameras
- On and off-camera audio, including sync recording
- A wide range of heads, legs, gimbals, mo-co and manual sliders, jibs and other grip
- Setup and use of underwater grip such as tripods, sliders and underwater motion control rigs
- Gates and Nauticam underwater camera housings
- Planning and dive supervising underwater rebreather and open circuit shoots
- Open and closed circuit (rebreather) diving across a range of locations, conditions, water temperatures and depths
- Experienced cold water freediver